Vancouver International College | New Westminster, BC | 604-545-9988

How to Apply?


Step 1: Application Package

Send your completed International Student Application Form with all supporting documentation and the required application fee to VIC by mail or by email. There is no closing date as applications are processed throughout the year. However, you are advised to apply well in advance because there could be delays when applying for a Canadian Study Permit.

Your application package must include:

a. Completed application form.

b. Original or certified true copies of school transcripts for for the current school year and the previous two years. Transcripts must be translated into English.

c. Proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS results (if available).

d. Application fee.

Step 2: Admission Offer

We will evaluate your application based on your academic qualifications and English language skills for your chosen program of study. If your application is successful, we will create a package for you, which will include the following:

 a. Correspondence indicating the program to which you have been admitted and the starting date of the program. We will indicate any conditions that must be fulfilled before enrollment can be confirmed.

b. An invoice for tuition fees and other charges.

c. Student services information, including health insurance, accommodation, etc.

d. Information on applying for the necessary Temporary Resident Visa and Study Permit.

Step 3: Pay Fees

In order to accept the offer of a placement in one of our programs it will be necessary to pay the tuition fees and other charges due. This will include the registration fee and tuition, usually for the first academic year. Payment of the amount due should be made in Canadian dollars by bank draft, money order or T/T wire transfer. Payment by cash or credit card can be made in person or on your behalf by a relative living in Canada. After receipt of your tuition fees we will send you the official Letter of Acceptance and a tuition fee receipt or tuition fee deposit receipt that are needed to apply for the Temporary Resident Visa and Study Permit.

Step 4: Visa and Study Permit

Apply for your Temporary Resident Visa and Study Permit at the appropriate Canadian Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate in your country. The processing time will vary and it is best to apply as soon as possible. The main requirements for the Temporary Resident Visa and Study Permit are:

a. Completed Form: Application for a Study Permit

b. Proof of Acceptance (This is the original Letter of Acceptance issued by the College you intend to enroll)

c. Proof of Identity (A valid passport and four additional passport-sized photos)

d. Proof of Financial Support (You must be able to prove that you will be able to support yourself financially while you are in Canada)

e. A medical evaluation as required by regulations for certain countries

For details regarding Temporary Resident Visas and Study Permits, see the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.

Step 5: Plan Your Move

After your application for a Temporary Resident Visa and a Study Permit has been approved by the Canadian Embassy, you are ready to plan your move to Canada. VIC’s Student Services Coordinator is available to help you with this transition and will be pleased to assist with any details of your move.

When you enter Canada you must:

a. Satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your studies.

b. Have been accepted by the College you have applied for admission.

c. Prove that you have enough money during your stay in Canada to pay for tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and accompanying family members, and return transportation for yourself and accompanying family members.

Welcome to Canada! You need to contact VIC and register for the semester after you arrive in Vancouver.